Before we reach you, these are some safety tips to keep you and your family safe from the hazards of the road.
- Turn on emergency flashers
- Try to move your vehicle to the right-hand side of the road out of the direction of traffic if possible. Stationing yourself on a divided highways left shoulder is dangerous but sometimes unavoidable.
- Do not leave your vehicle stopped in a traffic lane if at all possible.
- Move your vehicle as far away from the traffic as your can. Try to get far enough that you obtain the space to open your door without stepping out into traffic.
- Be visible: let traffic see you.
- Know where items are in the vehicle such as jack, spare tire, and other tools and how they function.
- Do not leave your vehicle unless necessary to seek help. Wait inside the vehicle with the doors closed until the tow services arrives.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Cell phones in the vehicle are the an invaluable safety tool during a breakdown.
- Be Prepared For Problem Situations: Keep items in the vehicle such as flashlights, flares, blankets, and a first-aid kit.